Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RobinLeigh
Admin
RobinLeigh

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:56 am

Because they're adorable and I love them and I can do this.

Fun fact:  Rhiannon Jordan and Shane Brooks are the only two characters in Flash that are not based off of real people.  And I did that on purpose, I wanted them to be relatable, I wanted Rhiannon to be literally any young woman in a small college town.  I wanted Shane to be a stoic, brooding musician with a soft side for one person, the person who helped save him from himself.  I wanted their story to be beautiful and real, and something that people would root for.

Rhiannon fact: I picked that name not just because I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan (even though I am), but because in the region of NC that Flash is set, a big chunk of the population is descended from the Scotch Irish, along with the Germans, mixed with Native American blood. I wanted her name to reflect her heritage.

Shane fact: Of all the tattoos he has on his body, the triquetra tattoo on the back of his neck is his favorite, because it's the one he got in honor of the woman he loves.
Back to top Go down
http://robinleigh.yolasite.com
motorcityxlove
Admin
motorcityxlove

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 pm

They are adorable. I love their relationship.
Back to top Go down
http://ask.fm/motorcityxlove
RobinLeigh
Admin
RobinLeigh

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:17 pm

motorcityxlove wrote:

And it wrote itself, practically.  Those two have so much chemistry that they didn't need my wit or my input, just my fingers to bring it to life on the laptop.

To keep the convo going:

Shane fact: Although he is a bartender, Shane's specialty drink is a virgin suicide, which is Mt. Dew, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper in equal parts mixed together, shaken, and poured over ice.

Rhiannon fact: Procrastination might as well be her middle name.
Back to top Go down
motorcityxlove
Admin
motorcityxlove

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm

RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:

And it wrote itself, practically.  Those two have so much chemistry that they didn't need my wit or my input, just my fingers to bring it to life on the laptop.

To keep the convo going:

Shane fact:  Although he is a bartender, Shane's specialty drink is a virgin suicide, which is Mt. Dew, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper in equal parts mixed together, shaken, and poured over ice.

Rhiannon fact:  Procrastination might as well be her middle name.

I have a question (because I'm nosy). Did the relationship appear fully developed in your mind, or did you have to add a few details to get it going?
Back to top Go down
RobinLeigh
Admin
RobinLeigh

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:48 am

motorcityxlove wrote:
RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:

To keep the convo going:

Shane fact:  Although he is a bartender, Shane's specialty drink is a virgin suicide, which is Mt. Dew, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper in equal parts mixed together, shaken, and poured over ice.

I have a question (because I'm nosy). Did the relationship appear fully developed in your mind, or did you have to add a few details to get it going?

It appeared fully developed, honestly. I had to work with Shane to make him appealing and well rounded to other people, but it worked!
Back to top Go down
motorcityxlove
Admin
motorcityxlove

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:50 am

RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:
RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:

To keep the convo going:

It appeared fully developed, honestly.  I had to work with Shane to make him appealing and well rounded to other people, but it worked!

That is so awesome. I love it. And I love how you changed his original character. He's much more interesting now.
Back to top Go down
RobinLeigh
Admin
RobinLeigh

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:12 am

motorcityxlove wrote:
RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:
RobinLeigh wrote:
motorcityxlove wrote:

To keep the convo going:

It appeared fully developed, honestly.  I had to work with Shane to make him appealing and well rounded to other people, but it worked!

That is so awesome. I love it. And I love how you changed his original character. He's much more interesting now.

I like that he's got a past now, a background that makes him someone you wanna root for. And that Rhiannon is the one who helped him overcome it. It makes their love story more REAL, I think.
Back to top Go down
RobinLeigh
Admin
RobinLeigh

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Shane fact:  When I was coming up with what I wanted him to look like, I settled on two people, pictured below.  First, Jake Richardson:

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread Jake-richardson-hangmans-curse--large-msg-11764797655

And then The Dro:

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread 1247252412_9626_full

Rhiannon fact:  There is only one person I have ever had in mind when writing Rhiannon, and that person is Molly Burnett, pictured below.

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread Photo-72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rhia and Shane discussion thread   The Rhia and Shane discussion thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rhia and Shane discussion thread
Page 1 of 1